Jon is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives and has been with the firm since 2006.
Jon specialises in insurance work, predominately in the professional indemnity arena. He has extensive experience defending solicitors and insurance brokers and advises insurers on policy coverage issues. Jon also has experience of acting in the defence of surveyors and construction professionals. Jon has appeared in interlocutory hearings, attended mediations and without prejudice meetings to resolve cases and has successfully taken cases to trial.
Letters and Membership
- FCILEx – Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of the British Insurance Law Association
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP – 2006 to date
- Robin Simon LLP, Legal Executive 2003-6
- Hammonds, Legal Executive 1996-2003
- Berwin Leighton, Legal Executive 1992-1996
- Squire & Co, Trainee Legal Executive 1988-1991
- Pride Valley Foods v Hall & Partners, Quantity Surveyors  EWHC Technology 106
- OPM – Venner v Robert Berry Estate Agents  EWHC 427 (Ch)
- Woolwich Building Society (Ombull) v Sherrards Solicitors  EWHC 1488 (Ch)
- Haskew v Wacks Caller & Others  EWCA Civ 350
- Acting in a multi-party action/dispute representing solicitors who gave allegedly incorrect advice to bring wrongful trading proceedings against former directors (which ultimately settled on unfavourable terms).
- Defending a firm of solicitors who allegedly failed to advise in relation to the existence of a right of way across their client’s land.
- Acting in the defence of a claim against a firm of solicitors for allegedly failing to properly defend a claim brought against a GP by a former patient.
- Defending various cases brought by litigants in person (including successful strike out applications).
- Acting on a claim concerning the alleged failure to action the correct procedures for lease enfranchisement.
- Playing my son’s drums
- Going to the theatre and cinema
- Cooking for friends
- Walking our mad cocker spaniel