Specialties: Professional Indemnity Insurance, and defending claims against solicitors, accountants (eg. Members of ICAEW, ACCA and CIMA), tax advisors, brokers and surveyors. She regularly attends mediations and without prejudice meetings on the basis those forums often offer a more effective way of resolving an entrenched dispute.
Kathryn has a particular interest in accountants’ negligence claims. She also act for insurers in coverage disputes and advises on policy coverage.
Letters and Memberships
- Solicitor and Member of the Law Society
- Member of the Association of Women Solicitors
- BSC (Hons.) Biological Sciences
- PG Dip Law / PG Dip Legal Practice
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP – July 2013 to date
- Plexus Law, Senior Solicitor 2008 – 2013
- Robin Simon LLP, Senior Solicitor 2005 – 2008
- Browne Jacobson, Assistant Solicitor 2004-2005
- RPC, Solicitor 2002 – 2003
- Memery Crystal, Paralegal and Trainee 1999 – 2002 (qualifying firm)
- Claim against a surveyor for allegedly failing to correctly value a commercial plot of waste ground for residential development leading to a loss as a result of the over valuation of £800,000.
- Claim against a solicitor for allegedly negligently drafting mirror wills.
- Numerous small value accountancy claims against firms who allegedly failed to advise in relation to the payment of various taxes leading to HMRC investigations and penalties.
- Claim against an accountant defendant for allegedly failing to advise correctly regarding the administration of a multi-million pound Guernsey based trust.
- Claim against a solicitor defendant for allegedly failing to correctly draft assignments of a contract to purchase development land.
- Various mortgage fraud claims against a solicitor defendant following the cessation of the prior practice leading to a coverage dispute.
- Claim against an accountancy practice for failing to spot a fraud during three consecutive audits.
- Running & Fitness
- Films & the cinema
- Attempts at DIY