Nicola has spent much of her legal career working in teams advising/representing Insurers in either a Professional Indemnity environment or a Property (Recoveries) environment. She also has experience of Product Liability and Construction claims.
- Fellowship (of ILEX) exams passed
- BA (Hons) Law, Birmingham Polytechnic
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Senior Paralegal – January 2018 to date
- DAC Beachcroft LLP (and legacy firms), Senior Litigation Executive – November 1992 to August 2017
- Oswald Hickson Collier, Legal Executive, July 1990 – November 1992
- Pickering Kenyon
- London Borough of Barnet
- Berkshire County Council
- Claims handling matters involving issues such as the failure to advise on VAT liability consequent to an agricultural land sale, and mistakenly selling a specific gift of shares.
- Assisting on a solicitors’ negligence claim where the solicitor failed to apply in time for a renewal of a commercial lease.
- Film, theatre, art, music and literature
- Watching football and cricket
- The West Country, particularly Dorset and my newly adopted city of Bristol.