Sophie is an Associate with RCB having first joined as a paralegal and then completing her training contract with the firm. Sophie specialises in insurance law advising on the resolution of claims and risk management for solicitors, architects, engineers and E&O policies including appropriate reserving of claims and best strategies for commercial resolutions. She also advises on policy coverage and receives instructions from Insurers to draft solicitors’ policy wordings.
Letters and Memberships
- Solicitor and Member of the Law Society
- Member of British Insurance Law Association
- Lloyds Introductory Test – November 2005
- BA (Honours), Law
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Solicitor, Associate 2007 to date
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Paralegal and Trainee Solicitor 2005 to 2007
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWHC 218 (QB)
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWCA Civ 138
- Advising Underwriters in various professional indemnity coverage disputes.
- Assisting on successful aggregation arbitration arising from sub-prime lender claims against solicitors.
- Advising Underwriters on proposal forms and potential new risks during Solicitors’ professional indemnity renewal period.
- Assisting in connection with recovery of Additional Premium and Excess from a former members of a defunct LLP
- Proceedings in English Courts for declaration of non-liability in order to seize jurisdiction
- Acting for Broker in relation to allegation of late notification to liability insurers
- Defending a firm of solicitors in a multi party action arising from sub-prime lending
- Acting in relation to various lender proceedings against a firm of solicitors arising from a buy-to-let portfolio
- Defending various cases arising from lender claims against solicitors
- Defending an engineer providing engineer consultancy services in relation to allegations of defective piling foundation designs
- Defending a firm of Architects in relation to allegations of inadequate designs including successfully contesting an Adjudicator’s jurisdiction to hear the dispute
- Successfully applying on various cases to strike out unmeritorious claims
- Watching international rugby