Alice has spent her legal career to date advising in relation to insurance coverage, and representing insurers and their insureds in relation to claims (both pre-action and during litigation) and regulatory matters. She has experience of defending claims, complaints and disciplinary proceedings brought against legal, construction, medical and financial professionals within the professional indemnity sector, and also of Directors & Officers claims. Alice was recently seconded part-time to the claims team of an international insurer for 10 months, where she gained further insight into and knowledge of the Lloyd’s market – including the use of ECF.
Letters and membership
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts and Member of the Law Society of England & Wales
- Member of the British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- Certificate in Insurance (CertCII) (2013), Chartered Insurance Institute
- PgDL (2009), LPC (2010) and PSC (2015), BPP Law School
- BA (Hons) Theology (2008), University of Exeter
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Solicitor – 2016 to date
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor – 2014 to 2016
- DWF LLP (previously Fishburns LLP), Paralegal, Claims Handler – 2011 to 2014
- Conducting coverage investigations in relation to an allegation from the Assigned Risks Pool that a firm of solicitors was a Successor Practice owing to its having employed a former Sole Practitioner.
- Defending a bariatric surgeon who had been accused of negligently operating on a patient with a history of mental health problems.
- Defending a firm of solicitors in relation to the alleged under-settlement of a personal injury claim following a motorcycle RTA.
- Assisting the Directors & Officers of company to resist a claim from various shareholders who had invested pursuant to an Investment Memorandum which they claimed was in breach of s.21 of FSMA 2000.
- Defending a firm of estate agents in relation to a claim from a client whose property had been damaged by tenants using fake identities and carrying out illegal activities at the property.
- Defending an electrical installation company following receipt of a claim for the alleged poor workmanship and electrical design on a barn renovation/conversion.
- Acting for a property search company who faced a claim concerning its search results allegedly inaccurately displaying the location of a public right of way.
- Classical music & singing