Claire is a Senior Associate at Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP and has been with the firm since joining as a paralegal in 2006.
Claire specialises in insurance and reinsurance work with an emphasis on policy coverage and the defense of professional indemnity claims against solicitors, brokers and Directors and Officers. She also undertakes general commercial litigation, and has a niche interest in costs.
Claire has satisfactorily resolved cases through correspondence, at mediation or at without prejudice meetings, but also has successfully taken cases to arbitration or trial.
Claire is proficient in IT and was actively involved in developing RCB’s first claims management system.
Letters and Memberships
- Solicitor and Member of the Law Society
- LLB (Honours), LLM (Corporate & Commercial), LPC
- Member of the British Insurance Law Association
- Lloyd’s Market Introductory Test
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP – Solicitor, Associate, Senior Associate – 2008 to date
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP – Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor – 2006-2008
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWHC 635 (Comm)
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWCA Civ 1166
- Ben O’Sullivan v Healys (a firm) Ch D 14/10/10
- Rudyard Kipling Thorpe (litigation friend to Mrs Leonie Leanthie Hill) v Fellowes Solicitors LLP  EWHC 61 (QB)
- Acting for multiple solicitors firms in defence of both the negligence and ‘AIL’ actions in the TAG (Accident Group) litigation.
- Acting on behalf of solicitors firms in defence of professional negligence claims arising from a variety of underlying circumstances, including commercial advice, personal injury claims and property transactions.
- Acting on behalf of a firm of solicitors in defence of a breach of warranty claim in a multi-party action following an underlying fraudulent transaction.
- Advising on potential liability for a large brokers firm following a declinature by Insurers.
- Advising Underwriters on year of attachment and aggregation issues in relation to a number of high value notifications following a large scale fraud.
- Advising on recoverability of various sums from former directors under a sale and purchase agreement.
- Does your client have Capacity to Instruct you
- Lunchtime Seminar: ‘Costs – Recoverability of CFAs & ATE Insurance’
- Lunchtime Seminar: ‘Trends in the Legal Profession’
- Lunchtime Seminar: ‘Technology Professional Indemnity policy, coverage and IT claims’
- Lunchtime Seminar: ‘Costs – Where to Attack’
- The theatre
- Gadgets & technology