Francesca is an Associate in our Bristol office. Francesca worked at a National law firm for 7 years, where she trained and qualified into the commercial litigation and dispute resolution team. She subsequently worked for an International law firm specialising in insurance litigation and construction.
Francesca joined RCB in July 2018 and continues to specialise in professional indemnity insurance matters, including professional negligence and contract claims involving contractors, specialist sub-contractors, M&E engineers, architects and surveyors, as well as brokers, accountants, tax advisors, and solicitors of all disciplines. She also advises on a wide variety of coverage issues.
She is experienced in dealing with all aspects of litigation and negotiated settlement and has conducted a number of successful mediations, including £multi-million and multi-party mediations.
Francesca also acts for professional and private clients in commercial contract disputes, director and shareholder disputes, restrictive covenants and High Court employment matters.
Professional Qualifications, Memberships and Publications
- Committee Member of the British Insurance Law Association (Young Professionals)
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Contributing author to the IUA Professional Indemnity Forum (PIF) 2017 Study Text (published July 2017) and PIF exam questions
- Drafted papers and delivered market seminars on topics including ‘Fraud and Breach of Trust’ and ‘The Professional’s Duty of Care’.
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP – July 2018 to date
- Beale & Company Solicitors LLP – 2016 – 2018
- Lyons Davidson Limited / Lyons Davidson Scotland LLP – 2009-2016
- Construction: Acting on behalf of a demolition contractor in a claim for breach of contract and professional negligence arising from the alleged destruction of underground pipes, leading to significant oil pollution.
- PII: Acting on behalf of a national PI insurance broker for allegedly broking inadequate insurance policies, the matter was robustly defended and the claim discontinued.
- PII: Acting on behalf of tax advisers against allegations of negligence following a failed company demerger and alleged tax consequences for the company and its shareholders.
- Coverage: Advising underwriters on the aggregation of claims following large scale and/or block notifications under E&O policies.
- High Court Employment: Acting for clients in claims arising from breach of restrictive covenants, implied duties, fiduciary duties and confidentiality (including urgent injunctive remedies where necessary).
- Commercial: Acting for a farmer in the defence of a claim and consequent successful counter-claim against its plant supplier for breach of contract and resultant loss of yield / profit.
- Running and hiking
- Good food, wine and coffee