Graham has had more than 25 years’ experience in the Lloyd’s and Company Insurance Markets. He has previously worked for DWF LLP (formally Fishburns Solicitors) and Lloyd’s Brokers Aon and Lockton. He has experience handling Professional Indemnity Claims and assisting a wide range of professionals across the financial, property and construction industry.
Whilst at Aon and Lockton Graham mainly specialised in resolving claims against Solicitors and Accountants, liaising with clients, underwriters and their representatives where needed. Whilst at DWF Graham acted on behalf of various underwriters under delegated authority taking ownership of end-to-end claims handling including investigation, negotiation and/or conduct of defence and gained a broad range of expertise over various professions with particular emphasis on the Construction Industry such as Architects and Engineers, Accountants and Solicitors’ PI. Graham has a solid understanding of the Civil Procedure Rules / Pre-Action Protocols. He also completed a successful secondment to a large insurer client where he handled claims against Financial Advisers, Brokers’ E&O and International cases over various professions.
Letters and membership
- Lloyd’s & London Market Introductory Test
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Senior Claims Manager – October 2018 to date
- DWF LLP (previously Fishburns LLP), Senior Claims Handler – August 2010 to October 2018
- Lockton Companies, Associate Director – July 2001 to August 2010
- Aon Risk Services, Claims Handler / Broker – 1996 to 2001
- D.R. Fleet & Co. Ltd, Technical Accounts Assistant – 1991 to 1996
- Handling of claims from first advice to settlement, resolving matters as cost effectively as possible under various Delegated Authorities, appointing Panel solicitors where required and working with them to achieve the best outcome.
- Proficient in the use of London Market Claims Systems such as ECF.
- Consistently applying the insurer client’s claims and reserving policy so that claims are dealt with fairly, costs are properly controlled and taking pro-active approach to investigation, ADR and negotiation to avoid unnecessary litigation.
- Spending time with family