Neil has been with RCB since February 2011 and qualified as a solicitor in April 2014. In early 2012, Neil spent three months on secondment full time at an in-house legal department in one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. In 2015 he spent 6 months on secondment at a leading professional indemnity insurer in the City, working in their claims department.
Neil also played an integral role in developing a bespoke claims handling software for insurers, their insureds and brokers, RCB ClaimsScreen.
Letters and membership
- Solicitor & Member of the Law Society
- Member of the British Insurance Law Association
- Neil read Law at Brunel University, achieving a 2:1 (Hons) and passed the Legal Practice Course with a Distinction from the College of Law, London.
- While studying Neil volunteered at the Student Advice Centre and worked part-time as an Outdoor Legal Clerk
- Neil has subsequently worked at both a niche high street practice, where he advised on various contentious and non contentious issues, including Employment, Personal Injury, Civil/Commercial Litigation, and Company/Commercial law, and spent 9 months working at another specialist professional indemnity firm.
- Insurance Litigation: Acting for professional indemnity insurers in the defence/resolution of claims brought against solicitors, IFAs, construction professionals and insurance brokers
- Employment/Commercial Litigation: Working with a Partner in the defence of an employment tribunal/civil claim involving concurrent jurisdictional issues which were decided, in part, by the Court of Appeal (Halstead v Paymentshield Group Holdings Ltd  EWCA Civ 524)
- Claims Handling: investigating circumstances notified and working with Insureds, in particular, solicitors and brokers to resolve matters
- Coverage: Advising Underwriters on coverage issues relating to solicitors risks
- Construction: Assisting lawyers in the defence of a high profile multimillion pound construction dispute
- Private client Claimant work: Working with partners on specialist, complex private client Claimant work.
Outside the office, Neil has a keen interest in sport and is a voluntary football coach for a south-east London based football club called Southwark AllStars. Neil with the member partners’ support has forged a partnership between the club and RCB via the RCB Foundation. See (https://www.rcbllp.com/site/rcbfoundation/) for further information.
Neil also enjoys films, current affairs, music and spending quality time with his family and friends.