Richard joined RCB as a Trainee Legal Executive in May 2012 and qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in November 2015. Richard regularly represents Insurers and handles his own professional indemnity caseload defending solicitors, brokers and financial advisers against professional negligence claims.
Richard also advises Insurers on professional indemnity insurance policy wording, coverage issues and run off provisions.
Richard has previously been seconded to the claims department of an internationally recognised professional indemnity insurer. While seconded, Richard was responsible for the handling of a broad range of claims, complaints and disciplinary proceedings in the legal, financial advisory, construction and D&O sectors of the insurance market.
Richard also led RCB’s development of their bespoke claims management system, RCB ClaimsScreen. RCB ClaimsScreen is regularly relied upon by RCB’s insurance clients who require pin-point, touch-of-the-button claims management, policy and other financial information.
Letters and membership
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Member of the British Insurance Law Association
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Legal Executive – 2015 to date
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Trainee Legal Executive – 2012 to 2015
- Coltman Warner Cranston LLP, Trainee Legal Executive – 2009 to 2012
- Defending Insureds across various professions against professional negligence claims.
- Reviewing Insurer policy terms and conditions and advising Insurers on coverage issues and run-off provisions.
- Advising brokers in respect of E&O claims.