Steven is the firm’s Senior Member Partner and has more than twenty five years’ experience in dispute resolution of claims against professionals, financial institutions, directors and officers. Although having expertise in regulatory, property, construction and commercial work, Steven specialises in insurance and reinsurance work and is the founder of WRB Legal Solutions, a claims handling service dedicated to the protection of lawyers against negligence claims and notifications. Steven is presently the Client Care Partner to a number of leading commercial law firms and advises Senior, Managing and Risk Management Partners on the resolution of claims, risk management and practice protection. He also advises on policy coverage, wordings, product development, claims and costs management.
Letters and Memberships
- Solicitor and Member of the Law Society
- Higher Rights Advocate
- Member of the Law Society’s Professional Indemnity Insurance Committee
- Accredited Mediator
- BA (Honours), Social Sciences (Law)
- Reynolds Colman Bradley LLP, Senior Member Partner, 2003 to date
- Hammonds, Partner, 1996 to 2003
- Berwin Leighton, Solicitor and Partner, 1991 to 1996
- Squire and Co, Legal Executive and Solicitor, 1988 to 1991
- Belmont Craymer, Solicitor’s Clerk, 1986 to 1988
- Glengate – KG Properties Ltd V (1) Norwich Union Fire Insurance Society Ltd (2) Scottish Union and National Insurance Company and (3) Lowndes Lambert UK Ltd  2 All ER 487
- Crown Estate Commissioners -v- John Mowlem & Co. Ltd (1994) 70 BLR 1
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWHC 635 (Comm)
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWCA Civ 1166
- Maria Boyle v Thompsons Solicitors LLP  EWHC 36 (QB)
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWHC 218 (QB)
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWCA Civ 138
- Defending solicitors in group litigation
- Investigating Fraud
- Defending Probate, PI, Property, tax and data protection claims involving solicitors
- Advising Underwriters in professional indemnity, financial institutions, reinsurance and coverage disputes.
- Acting for Lloyd’s in relation to the admission of SmithKline Beecham’s captive syndicate.
- Advising on the commutation, re-adjustment and assignment of the claim proceeds of a bomb-damaged shopping centre, including advising on terrorism exclusions and dealings with Pool Re.
- Developing a warranty and indemnity policy and due diligence scheme for brokers and underwriters.
- Producing a new high limit after the event legal expenses policy and risk appraisal system.
- Advising on coverage and assignment issues in relation to the insurance aspects of various commercial property transactions.
- Acting on Glengate v Norwich Union, a leading case on business interruption coverage.
- Acting on Crown Estate v Mowlem, a leading authority on status of JCT Final Certificates.
- Preparing policy wordings on cyber liability
- Ongoing claims handling and audit
Publications and Seminars
- Contributor to ‘E-Commerce: A Guide to the Law of Electronic Business’, 2nd edition, Butterworths, 2000.
- Lunchtime Seminar: ‘Trends in the Legal Profession’
- Tottenham Hotspur
- Modern Poetry