Steven is the firm’s Senior Member Partner and has more than twenty-five years’ experience in dispute resolution of claims against professionals, financial institutions, directors and officers. Whilst having expertise in regulatory, property, construction and commercial work, Steven also specialises in insurance and reinsurance work and is the founder of WRB Legal Solutions, a claims handling service dedicated to the protection of lawyers against negligence claims and notifications.
Steven is presently the Client Care Partner to several leading commercial law firms and advises Senior, Managing and Risk Management Partners on the resolution of claims, risk management and practice protection. He also advises on policy coverage, wordings, product development, claims and costs management.
Steven is a Higher Rights Advocate & Accredited Mediator.
- Glengate – KG Properties Ltd V (1) Norwich Union Fire Insurance Society Ltd (2) Scottish Union and National Insurance Company and (3) Lowndes Lambert UK Ltd  2 All ER 487
- Crown Estate Commissioners -v- John Mowlem & Co. Ltd (1994) 70 BLR 1
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWHC 635 (Comm)
- Axa Insurance Ltd (formerly Winterthur Swiss Insurance Co) v Akther & Darby Solicitors & Ors (2009) EWCA Civ 1166
- Maria Boyle v Thompsons Solicitors LLP  EWHC 36 (QB)
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWHC 218 (QB)
- Jackson v Thompsons Solicitors (A Firm) & Ors  EWCA Civ 138